Sunday, January 24, 2010

understanding

Squirt passed his recent check-up at the Consultatie Bureau (which wonkily translates to consultations office. Informally known as consternation office, this is the Dutch institution that periodically tests your child's roadworthiness by prodding, poking, asking rather obvious questions and doling out officious advice) with flying colours, as usual. He's had a bit of a growth spurt & went from 0 - or average - to +2 on the comparative scale over the past 3 months!

When the doctor asked whether Squirt generally understands me when I talk to him, I answered yes. Whenever I tell him to come to me for a diaper change, he crawls in the opposite direction, double quick. That tells me he gets it, alright ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me in on your thoughts!