Monday, April 30, 2012

song


Here's number 5* in Red Parka Diaries' drawing challenge: draw a picture inspired by your favourite song (or just pick a line from a song).

I picked a line from Mumford & Sons' Thistle & Weeds. I'm currently loving their Sigh No More album (thanks, S!). It's a great backdrop to movement get-doing! It isn't necessarily a happy place, but there is energy! I love the folk-style music in combination with the angsty lyrics, and depending on my mood, I listen to either or both ;)

Yup. Cartooney moi - burlap-covered for decency; not in thistle & weeds, as instructed - is looking way too happy for this song - but not for this cut-out! I'm planting quality Hope Seed here, people! You need to smile along with that. It's in the manual. It helps the seeds grow roots as well as wings! I could use a bit of both - who doesn't??

So here's to healthy Hope Plants for all of us! May they bring the magic and the happy :) Would love to know where you could use some, if you're willing to share!


* links to this challenge's number 9, number 2, number 1number 10

5 comments:

  1. Yeah wonderful! Your hope plants will certainly flourish! Be sure to water them regularly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I love that album too. You've done a great job once again of a conceptual illo. This I struggle with. Have only attempted the concrete prompts in the challenge so far. Will attempt this one soon. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also great, Yvonne!!
    I never heard about Mumford & Sons, but when I read the title of the album, I remembered of a song in one of my favorite moovies, here's to you! Enjoy!:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cKTHeeBaNw&feature=fvwrel

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMX0fxUZEwU&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with SEO?
    I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good gains.
    If you know of any please share. Thank you!


    Here is my site through sky box

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me in on your thoughts!