Tuesday, June 12, 2012

semblance


Yes, a semblance of something moving here ;) I haven't been here, but I feel like I've been pretty much everywhere else, lately - in my flesh and bones life. And then I sort of crashed, which was inevitable. Or that's how it felt, anyway. But it was good, in a self-help-book sort of way - it was needed. Another reassessment of things and stuff and priorities.

That's all I have to say about it, for now. It isn't much, but at least it's a semblance of something happening ;) As is this drawing! My first in over a week. The stress bit my wrist and my wrist sulked. Is still sulking really. Drawing hurts. But I was sick of it! So there! And, so, ouch...




this is for sure the worst post I wrote in a long time! then again, this is the first post I wrote in a long time. I'm forgiving myself for it. my self-help books say I can ;)

6 comments:

  1. You’ve been missed. Sorry to hear about your wrist. Bad wrist! But I like what it produced here.
    (Self forgiveness is a hard lesson to learn. It goes against all that women are taught to be in our society. We are always hardest on ourselves. But we need the same breaks we give the people around us.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you here too! I love-love-love this drawing. The colors are so vibrant and kedeng! A crash means going forward (most of the time). It doesn't feel like that but in the end you know: aahaaa.
    Keep on drawing, I think it will help you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this drawing - it's so vibrant and full of life and fun and colour - despite your bad wrist! Onwards and upwards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From one wounded soldier to another: feel better soon! Let's use this time to gather ideas, catch up on our blog reading, stretch, pause to savor our children's laughter, drink cold beer in the warm air, maybe plant a flower? xo to you, Yvonne. You are a rare spirit and I'm so glad to have met you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the bright spikes of red that surround your shoes - they shout "look here"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. big big hugs!!! Be well, and I love the drawing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me in on your thoughts!